To protect our customers and combat the growing spam problem, Ambient provides enterprise-class spam and virus protection for all mail servers with top-of-the-line spam firewalls from barracuda networks.
Protection against email-borne threats - The Barracuda Spam Firewall is a powerful solution, with each firewall appliance capable of supporting thousands of active email users and handling millions of messages each day. Ambient currently manages several barracuda spam firewalls, which provide our customers with comprehensive protection against the most current email-borne threats that can cripple networks if left unprotected. The barracuda spam firewall optimizes performance of mail servers, while utilizing the following protections:
- Anti-spamThe algorithms used by the Barracuda Spam Firewall are the most comprehensive in the industry at detecting and filtering spam resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- Anti-virusBy utilizing dual layer virus blocking, decompression of archives and file type blocking, the antivirus engine in the barracuda spam firewall provides complete virus protection.
- Anti-phishingThe barracuda spam firewall provides robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or individual users.
- Anti-spyware(attachments) All attachments are scanned and any spyware executables are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Denial of Service ProtectionRate controls are utilized to stop denial of service attacks as well as dictionary based spam attacks. These rate control systems are integrated and automatic in the Barracuda Spam Firewall.
Ten Layers of Defense
The Firewall architecture leverages open source virus and spam solutions, in conjunction with ten defense layers:
- Denial of Service and Security Protection
- IP Block List
- Rate Control
- Virus Check with Archive Decompression
- Barracuda Virus Check
- User-Specified Rules
- Spam Fingerprint Check
- Intent Analysis
- Bayesian Analysis
- Rule-Based Scoring
This architecture optimizes the processing of each email message, which yields the performance required to process millions of messages per day. Unlike software solutions, the Barracuda Spam Firewall reduces the load placed on mail servers by off-loading both spam and virus filtering.
Datacenter grade protection for your in-house mail solution.
The availability of high-speed Internet access allows you to host your email onsite, utilizing your own equipment but what happens when your broadband goes offline or your building loses power? Our Secondary MX hosting prevents you having to worry about losing that important message or emails ‘bouncing’ back to your clients.
If your server goes offline Ambient MX services will receive your inbound mail and store it for up to 7 days. This ensures that no critical emails are lost, shortly after your mail server comes back online we will automatically deliver queued email.